Rootstock Software® is disrupting the ERP space! We are a worldwide provider of cloud ERP on the Salesforce Cloud Platform. When combined with Salesforce CRM, Rootstock Cloud ERP offers manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain organizations a single platform to grow and manage their businesses. Rootstock Cloud ERP is a flexible, modern, and digitally connected system that transforms companies to deliver a more personalized customer experience, efficiently scale operations, and out-service the competition.
Rootstock Software® serves customers throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and is available exclusively on the Salesforce Platform (Force.com) via the Salesforce AppExchange, the world’s most-popular marketplace for business apps. Organizations now have insight on what is happening or what will happen at each step of the manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain processes.
This is a remote position, based in the United States; preferably the candidate will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Rootstock is a leading CloudERP vendor on the Salesforce platform. Rootstock is hiring a Senior Developer to our growing technical staff. This individual will be based anywhere in the US and will be responsible for developing and architecting new features, re-factoring existing code and leading development tasks. This includes design, coding and work directly with engineers and architects to define and deliver solutions. This person will work collaboratively with Engineering staff, QA, DevOps, Customer Support and documentation teams to produce high quality deliverables.
- Independently drive design, development, unit test to deliver high quality software
- Build highly reusable, scalable software components that are modular and easy to maintain
- Lead development tasks and work with other members of development team to deliver on-time
- As a senior member of technical staff, be a mentor and provide coaching and knowledge transfer
- Follow Agile process for completion of tasks and deliver outcomes on a regular basis
- Identify continuous improvement tasks for development, packaging, and DevOps process.
- Be current on Salesforce platform updates and propose adoption of new technical features
- Utilize Salesforce Platform capabilities such as reports, dashboards, workflows, etc. to increase product configurability.
- Create Jira tickets for enhancements with functional designs and keep information accurate and up to date.
- Participate in complex debugging activities internally and customer orgs
- Deliver training for new features to employees, partners, and customers.
- Share product information internally and externally.
- Interact with customers and customer-facing teams to gather requirements, feedback, and promote the Rootstock product.
- Engage with customers to solicit feedback on the product via calls, web meetings, or in person.
- Create product documentation for new features per guidelines and process.
- Update the Rootstock Community with new content, news, and documentation.
- Participate in Rootstock Community discussions.
- Ongoing Jira system administration.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 7+ years of experience in developing and delivering complex products on Salesforce Platform is required.
- Vast experience on the Salesforce platform including Lightning, Apex code, Platform Events, EA, Einstein Discovery, Mulesoft and other platform capabilities is essential.
- Understanding of Salesforce packaging and 2GP concepts with some relevant certifications
- Strong understanding of enterprise or SaaS software development and maintenance is desirable
- Functional and technical Salesforce application and platform knowledge.
- Demonstrated product and team leadership.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to a diverse audience.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
We offer our team members competitive compensation, world class benefits, work life balance (flexible schedules, telecommuting, vacation time off), and the opportunity to work alongside an amazing and supportive team!
Rootstock values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.